- The scheduler service no longer depends on the ticktock heartbeat. It checks the run queue in its work method.
- Format(s) now support logging of rejected records to a buffer. This feature is available via a new parameter on the readAction: "rejectionsLabel". This is documented in the readAction's wiki page.
- The above motivated me to abstract how ActionCommand goes about creating [output] messages. It is now simple for an action to create additional messages [beyond it's 'default' output message] by just calling the store_in_message(label, wfile, mimetype='application/octet-stream') method.
- New CLI tools: "coils-list-schedule" and "coils-unschedule-process" that let the administrator view and modify the workflow scheduler from the command line. Yes, we still need a "coils-schedule-process".
- getopt isn't the greatest command line option parser, would be great if someone would look into swapping that out with something better.
- The above motivated me to add an initialize_tool(name, argv, arguments=['',]) function to coils.core.utility. This provides a simple way for a tool [vs. a service] to bootstrap itself onto the OpenGroupware Coils service bus so that it can receive callbacks, etc... Return value is an AdministrativeContext (with a registered Broker for IPC) and dictionary of unconsumed command line parameters. initialize_tool automatically consumes the --store=, --add-bundle=, and --ban-bundle parameters in order to initialize the Coils environment.
Coils: Features merged into "default"
This morning the following features were merged into OpenGroupware Coils "default" branch, and will be available in the next release.